”As a keen problem solver, I am dedicated to delivering exceptional results to my clients, leveraging my expertise and the expertise of the Modoras team.”
Patrick is a seasoned financial strategist with a wealth of experience in advising on transactions and M&A, specialising in the property sector. With a strong foundation in accounting, Patrick began his career working under Jonathan Rudman in audit and CFO advisory at a leading accounting firm before honing his skills in mergers & acquisitions (motor industry) and other transactions at KPMG.
Patrick left KPMG for a boutique investment bank where he was instrumental in driving successful deals focused on valuations and M&A in the property & technology sectors, including but not limited to proptech SaaS, residential property, NDIS, hospitality & hotels, and agricultural/rural industries.
Patrick’s expertise in financial strategy & advice continued where he joined a private equity (“PE”) fund where Patrick oversaw the growth of the PE’s designated Hospitality & Accommodation fund from c.$220m in property value to c. $780m in value over two years.
During his time at the PE fund, Patrick extended his industry exposure to tech and broader sectors, giving him a holistic understanding of the market and its intricacies. With a proven track record in delivering exceptional results, Patrick brings a strategic approach to every engagement, ensuring his clients achieve their desired outcomes.
Recent Relevant Project(s):
- Oversaw growth of a PE fund from ~$220m in gross property value to ~$780m in two years
- Sell-side assistance for freight transport & logistics provider across eastern seaboard ~$105m
- Sell-side for multiple motor vehicle dealerships $12m-$30m
- Sale of Australian cookware manufacturer and distributor <$10m
- Takeover defence of privately owned hair-care producer amid interest from an ASX listed >$30m
- Buy-side for underbidder in sale of Horizon Global Asia Pacific ~$340m
- Buy-side for ASX listed proptech in attempted acquisition of UK complementary product ~$60m
- Buy-side for second largest local beef producer on leveraged property acquisitions $23m-$43m
Outside of Modoras, Patrick can be found with his family, enjoying sports (Formula 1, Boxing and Chess), fishing and spending time in nature.
For a tailored advisory experience that leverages Patrick’s extensive expertise and strategic insight, make an appointment with him at our Sydney office.